Sunday, October 10, 2010

Finally.

Ayanna & Ericka


"I don't believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers.  It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage.  Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at."  -Maya Angelou


Sisters

      Hey everyone! I am Ayanna's older sister Ericka and today, I was just lucky enough to meet her. On 10.10.10 no less! After a long drive and being stuck in a ridiculous amount of traffic Gavin (my two year old son) Mom, and I got to seattle childrens hospital and I was badged (i know... so official!) I'll admitt i had no idea what to expect..i was extremely nervous to hold her considering when we walked in the room i was alot of tubes and contraptions i had no business being near but when i saw that sweet face i couldnt help but smile.
           She is without doubt one of the most accepting little babies i have ever met. She looked at me with those big brown eyes and i was hooked! Gavin fell in love too, her perfect little face made him giggle and we have officially decided to call her YaYa. :]]


        After a bath and a couple hours of cuddling she was ready for a nap and we decided to head home.. what a great day. I can't wait to see her again..

         I just want to thank all of the wonderful people who have touched her life so far...there have been countless doctors and nurses... all medical personel in general and all of the people who work behind the scenes to make this adoption happen, thank you so much..


        She's had an extremly tough start to life but you would never know it by her disposition...shes happy and full of love... Shes the best kind of blessing :]]

Ayanna, Nephew Gavin, Mama and Sister Ericka
              

No comments:

Post a Comment